- Item # 185756
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ Series Spectrophotomers
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 2000 is a Micro-Volume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer for Nucleic Acid and Protein Quantization. Also consider the Maestrogen MaestroNano Spectrophotometer.
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 2000 features direct easy measurements- Just pipette and wipe.The NanoDrop™ 2000 is much faster and more accurate at measuring using a conventional spectrophotometer. Direct measurement means that accurate readings can be produced in less than 5 seconds.
Tha NanoDrop™ 2000 uses patented sample retention technology that allows for sample sizes of as little as 0.5 µL. The NanoDrop™ 2000 features full spectral output and is capable of measuring DNA, RNA (A260), Protein (A280), concentration and sample purity (260/280 ration). The NanoDrop™ 200 has a concentration range of 2ng/µl through to 15,000 ng/µL dsDNA without dilutions. Other features of the NanoDrop™ 2000 include:
- Pre-configured methods for common applications such as Nucleic Acid, Protein A280, Microarray, Proteins and Labels, Bradford, BCA, Lowry and Pierce 660nm – and more
- User-friendly software that includes Custom Methods and data export capabilities
- Simple self calibration check using control fluid – no instrument adjustments
- Low-cost operation – no plates or other consumables
Other NanoDrop™ Models- NanoDrop™ 2000c, NanoDrop™ 8000 and NanoDrop™ Lite
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 2000c UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with Cuvette Capability
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 2000c– The NanoDrop™ 2000c is a dual-mode UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with Micro-Volume AND
Cuvette Capability for Nucleic Acid and Protein Quantization shares all. The features of the NanoDrop™ 2000c but also features – plus cuvette mode.
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 8000 Multi-Sample Micro-Volume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 8000 can measure more samples in less time with the same reliability and patented sample retention technology of the NanoDrop™ 2000.
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ Lite Basic Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ Lite is a basic Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer for simple sample analysis delivered in compact footprint.The NanoDrop™ Lite uses the same sample retention system that has become a hallmark of NanoDrop™ instruments. While it is designed with fewer features than the NanoDrop™ 2000 and NanoDrop™ 8000 series, the NanoDrop™ Lite delivers where it counts: rapid, accurate and reproducible micro volume measurements without the need for dilutions.
NanoDrop™ Pedestal Measurements
The patented sample retention system used by the Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™ 2000 and NanoDrop™ 2000c allows for the analysis of 0.5 µl – 2.0 µl samples, without the need for cuvettes or capillaries.
- With the arm open, a sample is pipetted directly onto the pedestal.
- After the arm is closed, a sample column is formed.
- The pedestal then moves to automatically adjust for an optimal path length (0.05 mm – 1 mm).
- When the measurement is complete, the surfaces are simply wiped with a lint-free lab wipe before going on to the next sample.